Welcome to Erie Protectors! Thank you for visiting, we’ve created this resource to keep you informed about oil & gas activities in Erie, Colorado, and how residents are organizing to protect our town from their adverse effects.
There are a number of different ways to get involved, depending on your level of interest/commitment.
For More Information
If you’re just getting up to speed on fracking in and around Erie:
- Join the Erie Community O&G Monitoring (Erie, CO) group on Facebook
- Follow @ErieMonitoring on Twitter
- Work through this TED-Ed session that answers the question of how does fracking work?
Once you’ve done these things, perhaps the most important thing you can do afterwards is ask one more person to do the same. Our community needs all its residents to be informed and aware.
If you’re ready to contribute and take a more active role:
- Like the Erie Protectors page on Facebook
- Follow @ErieProtectors on Twitter
- When you post on Facebook or Twitter, use the #nodrillsnowells hashtag.
- Watch the CELDF Community Rights Primer on YouTube
- Read Waging Nonviolent Struggle: 20th Century Practice and 21st Century Potential. Chapters 1 and 3 are available on the web site.
- Read Beautiful Trouble: A Toolbox for Revolution, and explore their data visualization available at http://explore.beautifultrouble.org/