Welcome to the Erie Protectors! Thank you for visiting, we’ve created this resource to keep you informed about oil & gas activities in Erie, Colorado, and how residents are organizing to protect our town from the adverse effects of oil & gas development in our neighborhoods.
Important Right Now
The most immediate threats to our neighborhoods in Erie are the Applications for Permit to Drill (APDs) for Coyote Trails and Draco. Here’s what we’ve been writing about these two APDs:
Follow us on Social Media
Stay informed and help us spread the word on our various social media platforms:
- Like the Erie Protectors page on Facebook
- Follow @ErieProtectors on Instagram
- Follow @ErieProtectors on Threads
- Follow @ErieProtectors on Twitter
- Follow @ErieProtectors on YouTube
Sharing with a friend? Point them to our Linktree!
For More Information
If you’re just getting up to speed on fracking in and around Erie:
- Request to join the Erie Community O&G Monitoring (Erie, CO) group on Facebook
- Work through this TED-Ed session that answers the question of how does fracking work?
Once you’ve done these things, perhaps the most important thing you can do afterwards is ask one more person to do the same. Our community needs all its residents to be informed and aware.
If you’re ready to contribute and take a more active role:
- Watch the CELDF Community Rights Primer on YouTube
- Read Waging Nonviolent Struggle: 20th Century Practice and 21st Century Potential. Chapters 1 and 3 are available on the web site.
- Read Beautiful Trouble: A Toolbox for Revolution, and explore their data visualization available at http://explore.beautifultrouble.org/